In today’s interview, Moore reveals that the tapes he’s heard were made by former MSU players John Bond and Bill Bell. (Earlier today, we reported that the tapes Moore discussed yesterday were the much-rumored Kenny Rogers-owned tapes, mainly because he did not specify in the webclip available to us who had made the tapes. In referring today to the tapes made by Bond and Bell, it now appears that at least three different people — Bond, Bell and Rogers — possess tapes and text messages relating to Newton.)
In today’s interview, Moore makes the following claims:
1. Cam was in the room when Cecil asked Mississippi State for more money.
2. The NCAA has copies of some of the tapes.
3. Cecil reveals on one tape that he received a $200,000 offer from Tennessee but also said he’d give Mississippi State a $20,000 discount.
4. The NCAA is about to start looking into Auburn’s recruiting practices in Arkansas. (The NCAA was asking questions in Louisiana last week.)
5. An FBI agent told Bond that Cam will be a footnote in the bureau’s investigation and that the investigation into Colonial Bank will eventually be a problem for Auburn.